Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Time for an Update!

Wow, we have been busy! I have been doing such a horrible job of updating this blog. So I guess it's time to fill you in on everything that's been going on in our life! First off the first week of August we took a week off and went and visited Mark/Kayla and family! On the way to their place we visited Tony and Mel in the tri-cities. It was sure fun to catch up with you guys! I still like the idea of camping together somewhere next year!

One of the first activities we did in Idaho Falls was a water balloon fight! Woohoo!! That was great fun! Another day we went to Jackson Hole, Wyoming and checked out the very expensive town and decided to go for a hike in the Grand Tetons. It was about a 3 mile hike in to see a beautiful waterfall and luckily there was also a boat that came out to the area so Kayla took the 3 youngest back with her. This hike will always be remembered because Ryan had the misfortune of getting lost. We found him in about 30 minutes and then it was a 3 mile hike out! Another day we went to a city water park and had a blast! The only concern was the thunder and lightning storms in the area. Luckily the park had some instruments on the roof to measure the lightning in a 2-mile radius. We had to clear the pools twice when the alarm sounded, but we didn't have to wait too long in the buildings! We had so much fun when we visited and can't wait to come again sometime!

On the way home we stopped to visit Claire and Jeremy in the Spokane area. It was sure great to visit your family as well. I loved seeing Nathan! He sure is a cutie and seemed to love the pool!

Those were the exciting aspects of our life. Now on to the more mundane. Nick and I have been seeing a chiropractor for a few weeks now. His neck is majorly screwed up and my back keeps having issues. It seems to be helping and hopefully it will continue. Last week my mom came to visit and we went back to school shopping. Claire is almost finished now except for everyday shoes. I wish they stocked more velcro shoes at this age. I really don't think the kindergarten teacher really wants to tie shoes all day long. So the search continues for velcro shoes that aren't $50.

No comments:

Post a Comment